Saturday, April 22, 2006

FORT WORTH ART FESTIVAL

The Art Fest is back! Nora and I are going today and I hope to find some interesting art to post about here. I also hope the kaleidescope guy is back again this year. He makes the most wonderful kaleidescopes. They are way too expensive for me to buy right now, but one of these days I will add one to my own collection.

I can't wait to see Nora. I haven't seen her in ages. I haven't seen any of my friends in ages. Because i moved away from them to be closer to work. And I am so lazy that I don't go back often enough. I think I'm more excited to be with my friend than I am about the Art Fest.

UPDATE: Art Fest totally rocked. Nora and I got out there about noon and stayed till about 6pm. We ate lunch at Billy Miner's, my favorite downtown resturant, then hit the exhibits. I OD'd on all the great art. I wanted it all. It was hard to pick a favorite. I bought a refrigerator magnet of this years Art Fest logo and was intrigued by the art of Sean Brown from Denver, Colorado, who's sculptures are the result of many separate processes. The website is www.seanbrownartist.com so go look.

No comments: